A&D Account Executive
Decorative Materials, a local business founded in 1988 with 4 showrooms throughout Colorado is the leader in supplying luxury tile and stone. Known best for our vast selection of the world’s finest and trending ceramic, stone, porcelain and glass tiles, industry knowledge, design expertise and excellent customer service. We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative for our Denver location. This individual will have the opportunity to join a great team, manage an established account list and grow in the position by acquiring new business. DM strives to maintain professional and personal integrity through providing our team with purpose, education and growth.
- Follow up with accounts on a regular basis. You must be highly self-motivated and passionate about our products with a strong working knowledge of fixed finishes. Must have the ability to drive for results and make sound decisions accurately while being very detail oriented and organized.
- Develop business, cultivate new and grow existing relationships with architecture & design firms, (commercial & residential), flooring & building contractors, tile vendor reps, and trade associations through ongoing outreach, association events, presentations, and library visits. Territory to include Boulder, Ft. Collins & Colorado Springs. Represent DM at networking and trade events as needed. Maintain schedule daily.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written along with the ability to listen and gather client needs in order to offer ideas with a positive attitude and service oriented approach. Must be resourceful and quick to problem solve frequently urgent matters. Respond to emails and sample needs rapidly.
- Weekly/Monthly: Utilize & update sales system and CRM database along with your inside Project Coordinator. Utilize standardized markup structures to calculate pricing while making competitive pricing decisions. Meet Bi-monthly with Sales Manager to review sales reports and pipeline activity, and share feedback from the market on products and trends. Review projects and follow-up with your PC weekly.
- Prior sales experience, at least 3 years, however 5+ years is preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as some projects and/or events may require late hours.
- Candidate will live in the Denver Metro-Area and have knowledge of the tile and stone industry along with a passion for sales and design.
- Immerse yourself in our values & brand!
- Luxury goods sales experience (at least 2 years) preferably to The Trade
- Strong design/building industry experience a plus.
- Previous knowledge/experience in the tile and stone industry preferred.
- Salary plus commission. Excellent benefits